<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 24, 2004

Song of the Day:
Here I am baby
Oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours) Here I am baby,
oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours)
I've done alot of foolish things
that I really didn't mean
I could be a broken man but here I am

This Day in History:

Nothing happened this day in history that I feel like writing about. Sorry.

Shakespeare Quote of the Day:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall". - (Act II, Scene I).-Measure for Measure

Former Arizona Cardinals defensive back Pat Tillman died yesterday. I'm sure that most of you already know this. I'm sure all of you also know that he made his decision shortly after September 11th, and turned down a multi-million dollar contract to continue playing football, so that he could join the Army, become a Ranger, and give soemthing back to America. He didn't do it to gain even further fame or noteriety, which made his decision all that more honorable.

Tillman has been able to fulfill his wish to serve his country, and what he has given for his country can never be fully accounted for. Nor can we ever fully appreciate the sacrifices that he made as a serviceman, and as a person of rare integrity and honor. Thank you, Mr. Tillman.



I would hope that the NFL will do the right thing and show some sort of video montage leading into the start of the draft, and maybe a small speech by the commisioner before any draft picks are made. Or at least a small moment of silence for Pat Tillman,nad all the other soldiers who have given their lives in the name of defending America.

NFL DRAFT

Today is going to handled like an old fashioned blog, with me posting many times as the draft goes on. At 2pm, I'm out of here though, so once that time comes and goes....you'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for anything new. And those who aren't much into sports....you may want to just skip today altogeather.

Mock Draft--

1. New York Giants, in a trade with Chargers: Eli Manning, QB
The Chargers simply HAVE to do this, because drafting Manning could turn out to be disasterous if they don't handle him right after the draft is over. And I have no faith in the Chargers to handle it correctly.

2. Raiders: Robert Gallery, OT. I'm sure the Raiders would love to move down, but I jsut can't see another team offering up enough to make it worth it for the Raiders. I'm sure that Al Daivs would love to take a WR and move down, but I think he'll be stuck in this spot,a nd will take Gallery. And if he does, it'll be his best non-move ever because I think that Gallery is not only the safest pick in the draft, but that he is the best player in the draft.

3. Cardinals- Larry Fitzgerald, WR. It's a given, unless the Raiders really do move downand some surprising team grabs Larry first. That won't happen. I'd make stronger consideration towards a QB, but Denny Green loves the 3 WR set so much, there's no way he turns down the chance to implement it with some serious WR talent.

Update!!
THe Chargers just took Eli Manning, even though he doesn't want to play there. They will have a hard time trading his rights, until maybe in the offseason, so maybe they think they can convince him to play in San Diego. I don't see that happening though. I see them having to hold onto him until AFTER the next season, and trading him for a #1 pick next year. The Chargers screwed this up terribly.

Meanwhile, the Raiders ahve taken Gallery, and he's a perfect fit for them, and everything I've heard about him makes me think he doesn't ahve a weakness. INCLUDING off the field, which is becoming a bigger and bigger aprt of the decision making process.

Since the Cards will take Fitzgerald, the Giants will get their Qb in Rothlesberger, and that will leave the Redskins with the biggest decision. Do they take Kellen Winslow at TE or Sean Taylor at safety? I just don't know. Maybe they'll get lucky, and the Giants will trade down, another team will jump in front of them, and take one of the players they are looking at, leaving them to take the other.

UPDATE AGAIN!

Ok, the Chargers redeemed themselves by trading Manning to the Giants for Rivers and some other stuff. So that has sorted itself out. Meanwhile, Sean Taylor is taken by the redskins to fortify a secondary that just lost Champ Bailey. Not bad at all.

Detroit is up, and they COULD go TE, but I'm gonna guess they trade down and grab a Rb later.

3rd UPDATE!!!

The Lions traded down 1 spot, got an etra 2nd roudn pick, and got Roy Williams. The Browns moved up one spot to geta fantastic tight end, who needs to grow up, and needs someone who can put him in his place. I on't see anyone on the Browns who can do that, so it amy be a terrell Owens situation in a few years, but in the meantime, he can dominate and it gives Cleveland a weapon on offense. Something they haven't really had since they were brought back in 1999. I think it was a bit spendy to move up one spot, though. We'll have to see how that works out.

The Lions offense is certainly going to be a pass first one. I'm not crazy about their running backs, but with 2 high 2nd roudners, they could EASILY find someone else, and get that taken care of, along with some other needs. Great move by the Lions.

The Falcons at spot 8 got a cornerback, and he has plenty of speed. Still, I'm not impressed with what they have on either the offensive or defensive lines, and I think they'll continue to get blown off the line until thay add some more talent there.

The Jags are up next, and they could start a run on Defensive linemen, which has me nervous. If Udeze, Smith Tommie Harris and Wilfork come off the board, I think Chicago willt rade down, and we'll be screwed out of some premier talent. That said, there's already rumors we're gonna move down anyway. Ugh. I love and hate this day at the same time.



Ah, what the heck. throw one in for my fans.

It wouldn't surprise me, with all the talk about the Steelers wanting a QB, if they were to also trade up to the 10 spot in order to get Rothlisberger. Then again, maybe it's too spendy to move up.

Oh wait, never mind. The Jags just took a WR in Reggie Williams. They needed one too, since their WR's were terrible last year. Leftwich has a target to throw to finally. That leaves only Houston, Jets or Buffalo to take linemen. We stand a good chance of getting one of the top guys yet.

UPDATE!

OK, Houston takes a corner, the Steelers take their Qb to replace Maddox (good move), and the Jets take Vilma, leaving Buffalo to take their pcik, and leaving CHicago to choose from at least 3 of the following 4.....Tommie Harris, Wilfork, Udeze, and Will Smith. Udeze and Smith would give them the pass rushers they want, and Tommie Smith is the DT type that they like. Wilfork is not the athletic DT Chicago has said they like. So I am guessing It'll be a De or Harris. It COULD be a WR, but the Dl needs so much attention and Chicago could get by at WR in the meantime.

And the Buffalo Bills take....?

A WR. A WR!!!!

Chicago can have their pick of the best DL in the draft! Holy Crap! I don't even know who I want out of all of them!! All I can do is sit back and wait to criticize. Please, please PLEASE don't trade down, and pass this oppurtunity up.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?