<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

new policy...post what I can when I can. regardless of it's uglyness.

Song of the Day:

I dont want to be the one
Who battles always choose
Cuz inside I realize
That I'm the one confused

I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
I don't know why I instigate
And say what I don't mean
I don't know how I got this way
I'll never be alright
So, I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit tonight

-Linkin Park "Breaking the Habit"

Oh, like you really care that her name is Ines Rivero


Today In History:

In 1825, Uruguay (NO, it is not pronounced "U-R-Gay") declared independence from Brazil.

In 1875, Capt. Matthew Webb became the first person to swim across the English Channel, getting from Dover, England, to Calais, France, in 22 hours. As Fark.com might say, France surrenders.

In 1916, the National Park Service was established within the Department of the Interior.

In 1944, Romania declared war on Germany. Way to jump in at the END of the war there, Romania.

In 1950, President Truman ordered the Army to seize control of the nation's railroads to avert a strike.

In 1981, the U.S. spacecraft Voyager II came within 63,000 miles of Saturn's cloud cover, sending back pictures of and data about the ringed planet.

In 1984, author Truman Capote was found dead in a Los Angeles mansion; he was 59. Holly Golightl was a prostitute. There. I've said what everyone knows, and noone will admit to.


Today's Birthdays:
Game show host Monty Hall is 83.

Actor Sean Connery is 74.
Are you a person who prefers young or old Sean Connery?
vs.
Actor Tom Skerritt is 71.

Tom is probably best remembered for his role in Steel Magnolias, where he is the husband to Dolly Pardon, who is busy solving Julia Roberts' emotional and physical problems with equal amounts sass, sympathy and orange juice. Tom's character is a Naval Officer that enjoys yelling at Tom Cruiise until it's learned that an alien has imbedded itself within "Goose", Tom cruises friend and co-pilot. It kills Goose by bursting out of his chest, Tom Cruise feels bad, and the alien kills Sally Field, Julia Roberts (but not her toddler son), and a really cranky lady. They are able to kill the alien, but they fear the alien may have impregnated Dolly Pardon with a chestburster (or 2) of her own.

Turns out they're just breasts. But don't feel bad about killing her..you had no way of knowing for sure.

Rock singer-actor Gene Simmons is 55.

He's better with the makeup than without.

Rock singer Rob Halford is 53.
What?! You thought he was 54?! YOu got another thing coming!

Lessee....Exciter. The Ripper. Hell Bent for Leather. Delivering the Goods. Pain and Pleasure. Turbo Lover. Ram It Down. Hard as Iron.

Oh, yeah. He's straight. (Rolls eyes.)

Movie director Tim Burton is 46.

There has yet to be a director that can get a Batman movie right SINCE Tim Burton. That says it all right there.

"You ever hear of the healing power of laughter?"

"Bruce!...Wayne. N'est pas?"
"Most of the time."

"You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses, would ya?"

"Bob? Gun."
shoots Bob.

"This town needs an enema!"

"Hello Benny. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check!"

"It can be truly said that I have a bat in my belfry. Shall we dance?"

I could quote the movie all day long. How much time you have?
Crap, I could quote you the danged soundtrack, expertly written by Prince.

The arms of Orion, that's where I wanna be.
Since you've been gone I've been searching
for a lover in the sea of tranquility.


OR

OOh yeah, ooh yeah,
I wanna bust that body.
ooh yeah, ooh yeah
I wanna bust that body right.



Country singer Billy Ray Cyrus is 43.

I'm not posting a picture or quoting any Billy Ray song.

I'm just NOT.

NO.

Do you read this?
NO.

Actor Blair Underwood is 40.


Wrong BLair. And if you know which Blair (NOT BLAIR WITCH) THIS is, than shame on you for every watching this show. However, if you did watch this show, you were either a Blair or Jo person.

No one was ever a Natalie person.

And NO ONE liked "Tootie".
You hear me?
NO ONE.

(I was a Jo person, despite the rather, uh..., masculine tendancies. )

The idea of a woman able to throw a football as well as I is an incredibly sexy thought for me.

Anyway, here is BLair Underwood.


Shakespeare Quote of the Day:
"Good night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest"
Hamlet, Act v, Sc.2


Wrong kind of angel, though I doubt anyone is complaining...

Word of the Day:
nonpareil \non-puh-REL\, adjective:
Having no equal; peerless.

noun:
1. Something of unequaled excellence; a peerless thing or person.
2. A flat disk of chocolate covered with beads of colored sugar.


Topics on the Way:

Recent Anniversary

Bears trade for someone with an unpronouncable name

Twins must-watch players (a mis-nomer in previous years)

will talk soon.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?